A new competition being run by the BCGBA this year is aimed at the 18 – 25 age group.
Each county has until the end of July to let the BCGBA of their qualifiers for finals day. This will be held at the rather lovely Windle Bowling Club in Hard Lane to the North of St Helens (very close to St Helens Cemetery) on Sunday 14th August.
Hopefully, this competition will become a fixture in the BCGBA calendar.
Just because I happen to have the rules, sent to me by a very kind soul (I’m afraid to say I can barely remember being in that age group), they are:
2022 BCGBA 18 to 25 OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP
- Entry will be open to any BCGBA registered player, male or female, who has attained the age of 18
years but is under the age of 26 years on the 1st January in the year of the competition.
- All games will be 21up, off 3.
- Each County Association will automatically receive four entries in this event. Each county can name
- Each County Association shall pay £15.00 in respect of each of their players entered.
- It is down to the discretion of each County Association on their qualification process.
- If a county decides to play a qualifying competition, at no stage of this competition will any player be allowed to play on a green of which he is a playing member. They must play their competition on a green, or greens, situated within the confines of their county boundaries, other than the one on which is chosen is host the final.
- Players can only compete for one County in the competition. A player having been selected to play for one County Association in the County Championship cannot play in another County’s competition. Any violation of this rule will entail disqualification.
- The BCGBA Dress Code will apply with all competitors encouraged to wear their club or county shirt.